|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
The NIST International School Athletics & Activities Department is currently looking for two part-time lifeguards to monitor and oversee the safety of students using the Aquatics facilities on campus. Both positions would commence at the end of February and take place during and after regular school hours and also could include some weekends.
- Maintain swimmer safety, monitor water conditions, enforcing safety rules and paying close attention to swimmer activities and behavior
- Issue warnings should students create an unsafe environment
- Assist new swimmers to help them safely enjoy the water
- Monitor weather and water conditions for signs of danger
- Oversees the pool area and ensures that the relevant rules of use are enforced
- Assists as appropriate in the proper maintenance of the pool and surrounding area
- Ensures the proper maintenance of pool equipment and reports any defects to the Director of Athletics & Activities
- Liaise with the maintenance department about the safety of the pool with regard to PH levels
- Oversees the swimming store room and equipment for easy access and tidiness
- Responsible for maintaining personal levels of fitness and life-saving certification
- Assists the swimming teachers and coaches in any way deemed appropriated by the Director of Athletics & Activities/ Physical Education Coordinators.
- Assists where required at swim meets, special swim events and BISAC/SEASAC events
- Responsible for the set up of lane ropes at the start and end of swimming sessions, and ensuring the pool deck is ready for use at the beginning and end of the school day
- Performs any other duties as required
- Thai nationality
- Possess lifeguard training/certification or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience as a lifeguard or teaching swimming lessons or coaching highly desirable
- Bachelor degree in Physical Education or related field preferred but not essential
- Up to date police check from the Royal Police Headquarters
- Flexible, reliable and enjoy working with children
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (work effectively with students, staff, parents, visitors)
- Be conscientious, efficient, and organized
- Work well with colleagues and be a team player
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at email@example.com.
Please be noted that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Visit Us on Facebook
Chat with Us on Twitter