|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
The Academic Assistant works under the direction of the Team Leader and classroom teacher (full-time and part-time) and offers support in the fulfilment of the teacher’s professional responsibilities with an emphasis on the academic development of the students. Additional responsibilities include creating and preparing teaching materials/resources for teachers. He / She helps to fulfil the school’s aims as expressed in our Mission, Vision and Values. This will be achieved by the following specific tasks:
- Create a culture of trust and collaboration
Interactions are respectful, caring and appreciative of all cultures. Provide opportunities for all individuals to share their respective skills and abilities.
- Focus on individual growth and continued improvement
Combine autonomy, creativity, responsibility and a shared pedagogical understanding.
- Sustain a culture of inquiry
Provide opportunities for learners to construct meaning in an authentic context. Establish a culture of inquiry where open lines of communication lead to understanding.
- Ensure all students learn
A focus on learning that is purposeful, respectful, flexible and inclusive, honoring all learners. Appreciating diverse learners and working to support their needs.
- Demonstrate commitment and perseverance
Positive engagement in the process of developing a PLC.
Assume positive pre-suppositions, accept the challenges and strive towards continuous professional growth.
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Education related field. Teaching Qualification/Teaching Certificate is desirable
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Teaching Experience will be an advantage
- Be able to work as a member of a collaborative team
- Competent in computer operations
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.