|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
Role and Responsibility
The Administrative Assistant and Elementary Secretary works as directed by the PA to Head of Elementary and Deputy Head of Elementary and performs other duties as assigned by Elementary Leadership Team (ELT) and PA to Head of Elementary.
- Assists in the maintenance and development of efficient filing systems.
- Oversees the use and supplies of the Elementary Office copy machines.
- Maintains Elementary Office stationery supplies through the related departments.
- Ensures a safe and tidy work environment in the Elementary Office.
- Responsible for organizing the maintenance of all office equipment.
- Provides secretarial and clerical assistance to the Elementary Leadership Team.
- Assists in arranging appointments for and with the Deputy Head of Elementary and teachers.
- Assists with general filing.
- Word processes routine correspondence.
- Supports the return of lost property to students.
- Supports set up of meetings including organizing materials required.
- Assists in recording the late arrival and early departure of students in Veracross.
- Assists in the production of documentation as requested to support entry and withdrawal of students.
- Student files management.
- During emergency procedures, performs duties as specified in the Elementary School Staff Handbook.
- Assists in organization of Elementary School field trips.
- Provides leave passes for Y5 and Y6 students after correct documentation is received.
- Develops an awareness of the operation of the whole school so to be able to provide informed and prompt responses to enquiries from students, parents, faculty and visitors about school policies, services and procedures.
- Assists administration with Elementary blogs and notices.
- Assists in maintaining up-to-date bulletin boards within the Elementary Office area.
- Places, receives and records Elementary telephone calls.
- Receives telephone calls to staff members and transfers t hem either directly or by memo.
- Organizes the sending and distribution of internal messages through the internal mailing systems.
- Delivers messages to classrooms as required.
- Distributes information to Elementary School homerooms.
- Assists in gathering and compiling information for newsletters.
- Acts as interpreter, when needed, for communication throughout the Elementary School.
- Liaises with the Secondary Secretaries and Head Office Secretaries to ensure consistency of operation and good practice throughout the school.
- Assists the whole-school administration, on occasions, with special administrative tasks associated with bulk mailing and distribution of materials to students and parents.
- Coordinates outgoing mail, fax and postage and liaises with related department for reconciliation.
- Thai nationality
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in administrative or secretarial area.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, problem solving with good task prioritization.
- Patient, service minded with a positive attitude.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Competent in computer operation.
- Able to work individually or as a team member.
- Working hours is 7.45 am – 4.15 pm or 8.00 am – 4.30 pm
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.