|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
Duties for Audio Visual Coordinator
The Audio Visual Coordinator works under the direction of Music Teacher
Live performance technical support: (Public address system)
- Liaise with music teachers/students for live performance: e.g. Music Box, Oval tune
- Technical planning: e.g. size of system, microphone specifications, special musical instruments, type of loud speaker, mixing desk channel assignment, audio processor unit requirement, stage floor plan design and drawing if needed.
- Coordinate with properties department: Communicate with key personnel regarding dates and timing of set installation & strike.
- Provide musical instruments, sound equipment for live performance.
- Supervise, coordinate and support properties staff during/after setup.
- Manage performance area, stage set up, sound system rigging.
- Performance quality control: Sound check, Sound control during performance. To ensure that performance run smooth with the highest quality.
- Break down equipment after performance: manage and supervise with properties staff to move equipment back to storage area.
- After performance equipment checkup: e.g. broken equipment or broken signal cables will separate to repairing process.
Department support: (Elementary, Secondary, and Instrumental Program)
- General technical support: Sound equipment, band set up, equipment provides for both practice or class performance.
- Technology support: Music learning software specialist, installation, set up, upgrade, inspect Software / hardware trouble shooting. Software license control and record. Co-ordinate with IT department for any others technical difficulties.
- Learning support & tutoring: Give an advice for diploma student in music technology class. Assistance for teacher in music technology class.
- Co-ordinate with purchasing department: Vendor/supplier search for music instrument, equipment and software. Also contact with out-source service for repairing.
- Repairing and maintenance: e.g. Re-string acoustic guitar, Electric guitar repairing, cable fixing, drum kit maintenance.
- Equipment / Musical Instrument tracking and record.
Recording Session and studio work:
- Live performance sound recording: Planning, provide equipment for live musical performance recording, recording system rigging e.g. Diploma Solo Performance of IB, Musical production live sound recording.
- Studio recording: Provide recording studio, equipment set up, recording process. For both musical and non-musical purpose(world language, drama assessment of IB)
- Post productions: Audio mixing and mastering. Provide material for final IB assessment (e.g. CD audio disk), Mixing and mastering musical composition from music IB diploma students.
- Video Editing: For special performance that need visual effect, audio synchronization, quality improvements (e.g. elementary musical productions, secondary musical productions) and then produce the final CD/ DVD format.
Annual Music Production (Elementary, Secondary)
- One stops service: music/ sound / stage visual effect for original production. Both pre/post production.(e.g. Recording, arranging, mixing, scoring, editing, mastering)
- Live performance organization: Stage / Sound system / Live sound recording
- Pre-production support for drama: sound design and editing
- Sound Production support/Organizer, contact, co-ordinate, liaise with both internal and external part such as hotel/lighting company/sound company.
- NIPTA Starry night, Family day, International day
- Graduations ceremony
- EARCOS conference
- NIST staff party
Outside group service
- Cover Theatre Liaison Officer for outside group service, in case if he/she is not available.
- Client service: co-ordinate with client directly or with third-party company such as sound/light company.
- Theatre touring.
- Light / sound equipment demonstrations
- Light / sound support / supervise on show
- Checkup after performance
- Thai nationality
- Read, write and speak fluent English
- A background in live sound and audio visual operation an advantage
- Have a musical background or be interested in music
- Be able to work within time deadlines
- Show initiative and be able to work on your own if required
- Be available for some night/weekend work when required
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.