|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
The role is a Community Coach for the Chelsea FC IDC Bangkok based at NIST International School, Thailand. The program is in its fifth year of operation in its unique partnership with NIST. The Community Coach must have a good knowledge of working with mixed ability and also advanced players, with a focus on 5 to 16 year olds. Working hours are not fixed and are offered on a needs/requirement basis. (Staff is required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business).
- To specifically support, and develop relationships with key international and Thai schools, as the business growth requires and as dictated by the CFC Football Development Officer.
- To support the CFC IDC BKK Youth Development League and Tournament strategy.
- Assist in school football team sessions and fixtures throughout the season across various age groups and various schools within the program.
- Report directly into the CFC Development staff based in Bangkok.
- To deliver the CFC Foundation international curriculum as part of the community and player development programmes.
- Maintain operating standards and professional coaching provision & policies and procedures.
- All programmes would be delivered and run in- line with Chelsea Football club’s values, standards, policies and procedures. This member of staff will be required to support any information to adapt policies and procedures in-line with local or national legislation for that country.
- Where possible and appropriate this member of staff will be required to explore and report on further developmental opportunities as well as reporting all relevant market research and impact on the CFC IDC BKK.
- Assist with the delivery an advanced player development programme at least 2 nights a week at the Advanced and Development Centre’s. This includes recruitment of players.
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with parents, players and teachers to ensure communication channels are clear between staff and customers.
- Coach and deliver different ability level sessions to a broad range of the community both at the NIST facility and externally.
- Assist the CFC UK Lead Coach with the delivery of the department’s CSR program.
- Assist with the delivery on internal and external CFC coach education workshops.
- Assist with kit maintenance and stock takes.
- Ensure all coaching sessions are planned and logged to provide evidence of proper planning and delivery.
Qualifications & Certification
- Thai FA Introductory Licence (or above) or equivalent (e.g English FA Level 1).
- Clean Police Record.
- Valid passport or Thai ID Card
- Valid driving licence (Desired).
- No restrictions on work permit/VISA applications.
- Fluent in Thai & English reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ideally educated to Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree level.
Coaching Experience (minimum 2 years):
- Experience and knowledge of developing and managing players 8 to 12 years within both a competitive and non-competitive environment.
- Experience of coaching in a community development programme, with boys and girls of all abilities from 3 to 18 years.
Business & Skills Experience (minimum 2 years)
- Experience of managing individual and group needs of players within a youth development program.
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines across different projects, managing timelines is key to completing this role.
- Experience of managing relationships with players and staff whilst delivering a football development programme from a syllabus.
- Computer proficient with experience of developing and delivering power point presentations and running workshops.
- Effective clear verbal communication & written communication.
- Experience of working with different cultures.
Measures of Performance
- The Football Development Officer will monitor all staff on a monthly basis. This will include referencing a work programme they will have to present as evidence of all work and duties they have undertaken.
- Each term / year every member of staff will conduct a formal review of performance and set targets for the programme’s development.
- Number of participants target must be met each term.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.