|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
The Early Years Academic Assistant works under the direction of the classroom teacher and offers support in the fulfilment of the teacher’s professional responsibilities with an emphasis on the Academic development of the students. He / she helps to fulfil the school’s aims as expressed in its Mission Statement and Philosophy and Objectives. The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the duties indicated in the position description below.
- Create a culture of trust and collaboration
Interactions are respectful, caring and appreciative of all cultures. Provide opportunities for individuals to share their respective skills and abilities.
- Adheres to school policies, procedures and contractual obligations
- Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct a as defined by school policies
- Contributes positively to the atmosphere of the school
- Works collaboratively with other teachers and academic assistants
- Collaborates with students, families and communities to support student learning
- Demonstrates commitment to professional learning
- Contributes to the improvement of colleagues and the school
- Demonstrates ethical principles including honestly, integrity, fair treatment and respect for others
- Links professional growth to their professional goals
- Communicates with parents, students and colleagues in an appropriate and professional manner
- Focus on results and continued improvement
Combine autonomy, creativity, responsibility and a shared pedagogical understanding.
- Works with teachers in order to support student learning and progress
- Sustain a culture of inquiry
Provide opportunities for learners to construct meaning in an authentic context. Establish a culture of inquiry where open lines of communication lead to understanding.
- Contributes a learning that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement and self regulation for every student
- Demonstrates effective and creative use of resources
- Creates an environment of respect and rapport
- Supports a culture for learning based on IB best practice
- Assists towards having safe, caring, and purposeful learning environment
- Helps provide a physical space to create an environment conductive to inquiry based learning
- Uses knowledge of student development to make learning experiences in the content area meaningful and accessible for every student
- Shows a willingness to know the content and methodology appropriate to their teaching specialty
- Demonstrates relevant and coherent instruction
- Uses effective questioning and discussion techniques
- Ensure all students learn
A focus on learning that is purposeful, respectful, flexible and inclusive, honouring all learners.
- Demonstrates knowledge of a range of resources available for instruction
- Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness to students
- Works and supports the teacher to implement the IB planner
- Helps manage classroom procedure
- Helps manage student behaviour in a positive manner
- Helps develop, communicate , model and teach standards of responsible student behaviour
- Helps develop and implement classroom procedures and routines that support high expectations for student learning
- Utilizes technology in their instruction
- Helps students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Communicates effectively
- Demonstrate commitment and perseverance
Positive engagement in the process of developing a PLC. Assume positive pre-suppositions, accept the challenges and strive towards continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates support for the school through attendance at school events and staff meetings
- Contributes positively for student welfare and concerns
- Is punctual to school and class
- Contributes positively to ECAs
- Undertakes school duties as defined and requested by the School’s Administration, attending punctually and actively fulfilling the assigned role
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Early Childhood Education. Teaching Qualification is desirable.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Teaching Experience will be an advantage
- Be able to work as a member of the team
- Competent in computer operations
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at email@example.com. Please be noted that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.