|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
Duties for the Elementary Teacher Assistant:
- Works from 7:10 AM until 3:40 PM Monday through Friday.
- Carries out other work as directed by the Deputy Head of Elementary (Student Welfare).
- With the help of the supervising teacher, organizes and locates teaching materials and resources as required.
- Undertakes clerical tasks to assist in the preparation of materials for leadership team, counsellors and teachers.
- Will take part in supervising duties during recess and lunch breaks as needed.
- Works in classrooms supporting teachers, AAs and students to develop their understanding and practice
- May be asked to be involved during summer school
- May help supervise students when they go on field trips
- Participates in professional development opportunities to develop practice
- Organisation of resources
Duties for an Elementary Teacher Assistant who is covering an Academic Assistant:
- Works from 7:10 AM to 2:30 PM and then continues doing Teacher Assistant duties to 3:40 PM.
- Undertakes the duties normally assigned to an AA where appropriate. See appendix A.
- Can be asked to assist students individually and in groups.
- Helps individuals and groups move from class to class,
- Helps supervise students at snack and lunch times.
- Helps supervise students when they go on field trips.
- Can be asked to support Specialist Teachers.
- Supports the teacher in the classroom
- May work with small groups of students to support learning
- Thai nationality
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Teaching experience an advantage
- Able to work as a member of the team
- Competent in computer operations
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at email@example.com. Please be noted that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.