|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
NIST International School Athletic Department is currently looking for part-time coaches to instruct students in a range of recreationally based sports for the upcoming school year commencing in August. Specifically, we are looking for coaches with skills and experience in football, volleyball, basketball and badminton. These positions would be suitable for, but not exclusive to, candidates with a background in teaching Physical Education in schools.
All positions take place after regular school hours and also could include some weekends.
- Manage and oversee the recreational sports to which they have been appointed.
- Instruct students in the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises/drills.
- Assess playing skills, monitor students during sessions and provide guidance on how to improve.
- Determine and explain game strategy.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an student injury and provide for prevention and care of injuries.
- Model sportsman-like behaviour and maintain appropriate conduct towards other students, any officials and spectators.
- Support and implement NIST’s policy and procedures on Child Safeguarding.
- Teaching and developing positive character traits and sportsmanship including respect for colleagues, desire for excellence, fair play, teamwork, leadership, perseverance, and self-discipline.
- Create a fun, enthusiastic and inclusive environment where all students experience equal playing time and have opportunities to compete.
- Coaching experience preferred but previous playing experience/good knowledge of the sports is essential.Up to date police check from a recognised authority.
- Flexible, reliable and enjoy working with children.
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Be able to deliver coaching sessions in football, basketball, volleyball and badminton to students of all abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (work effectively with students, staff, parents, visitors).
- Be conscientious, efficient and organised.
- Work well with colleagues and be a team player.
- Part-time/ Seasonal
- 4 – 16 hours per week on average
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be noted that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.