|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
NIST International School Athletic Department is currently looking for part-time coaches within the sport of Softball for the upcoming Spring season commencing in February. All positions take place after regular school hours and also could include some weekends. Additionally, some sports fixtures/ tournaments take place in other countries so a willingness to travel is required.
- Manage and oversee the athletic team to which they have been appointed.
- Instruct players in the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities/exercises/tryouts.
- Assess player’s skills, monitor players during competition and practice and provide guidance to players to improve.
- Determine game strategy.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury and provide for prevention and care of injuries.
- Model sportsman-like behaviour and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Perform support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data forms and other related records.
- Teaching and developing positive character traits and sportsmanship including respect for colleagues, desire for excellence, fair play, teamwork, leadership, perseverance, and self-discipline.
- Able to work as Part-time/Seasonal, 4 – 12 hours per week depending on the sport.
- Coaching experience preferred but previous playing experience/good knowledge of the sport is essential.
- Up to date police check from a recognised authority.
- Flexible, reliable and enjoy working with children.
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Be able to deliver softball coaching sessions to students of all abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (work effectively with students, staff, parents, visitors).
- Be conscientious, efficient and organised.
- Work well with colleagues and be a team player.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be noted that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.