|In line with international standards, NIST maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Thailand, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.|
- Organize, set up and oversee all technical aspects of all performances/presentations in the theatre.
- Assist with lighting requirements for “some” performances/presentations in the Performance Studio and MPH.
- Maintain, secure, and organize all portable equipment (lighting instruments, cables, tripods, stands, etc.)
- Keeping a detailed up-to-date inventory of all equipment in the theatre. This will include sound, set, and miscellaneous equipment that has been specifically allocated as belongings to the theatre.
- Carry out an inventory check and test all equipment after an external hire.
- Co-ordinate all theatre bookings to ensure appropriate set up and strike time and availability of requested equipment.
- Co-ordinate with Property to set up and strike set pieces, risers, lobby displays, extra seating etc.
- Should be present when outside groups use the facilities to ensure the equipment is being used properly and that all pre-set levels, positions and settings are reinstated upon the rental group’s departure.
- Support teachers and faculty by providing technical assistance as required.
- Ensure all performance and presentations have an appropriate professional polish.
- Ensure the technical capabilities of the space are realized.
- Assist Drama Staff in the teaching of lighting and set design for s stage performance.
- Supervise students who are learning to operate the equipment in the technical booth.
*Working day will be on “flexi-time” as the requirements of theatre booking and use demand.
- Theatre experience in lighting, stage management or as a theatre technician.
- Basic communication of English, self-learning, good communication skills, service-minded and positive thinking.
- Ability to self-manage and take initiative.
- Have a good level of working knowledge and experience of lighting a live theatre performance.
- Be familiar with lighting board recording and operation. Up-skill if necessary to ensure equipment is used to its full potential.
- Must have a grasp of performance aesthetics.
- Must have the ability to liaise with Faculty, Admin, Property, Maintenance to ensure facility is cared for properly.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a letter of application, a full resume indicating qualifications and experience, and a recent photograph to the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be noted that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.